Saturday, January 8, 2011

Lisa's blog

What a beautiful day here in Haiti. I have had the opportunity to aid the nurse Becky from AI Dupont of Wilmington De. To see how someone of the medical profession must adapt to these conditions is amazing. You must work with what you have and be the best you can for each patient. I was blessed by Becky and how she was able to do her job in an environment not of her own.

I was so touched by the orphan children we visited today. We played with them and gave them suckers, toothbrushes, and toothpaste.

A little boy about two years old took to me and never let go. He was so beautiful. Every fiber in me wanted to bring him home. All he wants is a mommy to hold him. Doesn’t every child deserve that? I held him until I had to go. Then I kissed him goodbye and a little girl asked me, do you love him? I answered yes and I love you too. She seemed surprised and smiled.

The Haitian meal we ate tonight was wonderful. I am in love with it and am going to try to make some when I get back to the states. I’m so looking forward to Sunday and all it brings.

Lisa Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment