Friday, May 28, 2010

91 year old man needs a house

THE NEED IS STILL GREAT IN HAITI!!! I know that it has been almost five months since the earthquake that devastated all of Haiti, however the problems that surround that horrendous quake have not gone away. Many, many people in our village of La Digue, where Lifeline is located are still hurting in so many ways. The rain has now started and houses are still in much need of repair. Each day I hear more stories from the families here; one father telling me how his wife took their small one year old child and stood up almost all night because the rain was coming in on them and they could not sleep. I always try to be encouraging and smile when I visit in the village and many days we laugh but, today this 91 year old man came to me and actually told me "I didn't come for laughing, my house is broken and it is ready to fall down." As I went to see it, he had one side propped up with a stick to keep it from falling. Much of the mud was missing where the rain had washed it away from the sticks that the house was made of. My heart is breaking for this dear man who I am for sure has worked hard all his life and is old and feeble now and only ask that his house be repaired.

Even tonight as I took this picture he began telling me about how bad it was and I told him I promise you I am going to try to help you. You see when you are here and looking at them face to face when they are telling you all their problems it is much more difficult, because you know they are telling you the truth and you can't do anything to help them. In reality he needs a new house and his house is just one room, I am praying dilegently for the funds to come in to help with this project as well as a few more homes that are so terribly broken. Tonight, I am seeking God to open up the hearts of people that could help us in this endeavor!! I am for sure that it is difficult for people in the US to comprehend the vastness of this problem of one of the poorest nations in the world even before the earthquake of January 12th, but now is so much more, I ask you to take us upon your heart to help in whatever way you can and MAY GOD RICHLY BLESS YOU AND GIVE BACK TO YOU TEN FOLD. I am already claiming the victory, because God is forever faithful! Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment