Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Saving one baby at a time!

Today we had a lady come from the mountain with a newborn baby.  The baby's mother died giving birth to the baby and the father stayed in the mountain to work.  The baby was extremely small and crying. I asked what had they been feeding her and the lady explained that they had been crushing up cookies and soaking it in water and feeding it to this newborn baby girl.  I couldn't believe what I had just heard, but I guess in desperation, one does whatever they can. I bathed the baby and found an infant love bundle that had a new t-shirt and some hygiene items and went and made a fresh bottle of baby formula milk and wrapped the baby up holding her close and fed her. She was comforted and quickly fell asleep. After speaking with this kind lady that was trying to assist in this baby's welfare, I asked her how long she was going to be here. She said for five days.

I asked her to bring the baby each day to visit so I could keep a close watch on her. Then God worked the plan out!!!  A nurse came by the mission to give me some paperwork that runs a clinic, and  I ask her if she could look at this infant. She was more than willing to check this small infant and assess her situation. She also conselled the lady as to what she needs to do because they will be returning to the mountain soon. Thank You Lord for being on time everytime!!!! It made a difference in this child's life.
Just like the starfish story, it made a difference for this one!
Praise the Lord!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment