Thursday, April 1, 2010

What an Amazing Sunday!

We just had a terrific trip to Haiti! There was a team from Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, and Kentucky at the Lifeline Mission and we experienced so many wonderful things. God used us to reach out with the gospel in many different ways. We poured concrete, painted school classrooms, handed out love bundles, helped feed children, and held children's hands.

The Lord touched our hearts especially on Sunday when part of the team took a very long walk up a mountain to attend church in Petit Bwa. The amazing thing happened on the way back down the mountain. We passed a voodoo witch doctor's house and I was compelled to speak to him.

When I approached his door he was sitting in a rocking chair almost like he was waiting on me to arrive. I greeted him with a simple "Bonjour" and he returned that greeting. I had Mark a young man from our village translating for me and asked his name. He said his name was Aperson. He then said, "You need to pray for me. You are a Christian and you need to pray for me." This man as far as I knew had never met me but he knew I was there to witness to him. He stated that he wanted to go to church and couldn't because he had practiced voodoo since he was a very little boy. What a sad and disturbing thought. We talked for a while and I began explaining that he could break the power of the voodoo because God can do anything! It ended with him saying "Maybe tomorrow!" Oh how sad! I wonder how many times those words have been spoken and how many souls will be lost because they count on tomorrow?
After we returned back to the mission the part of the team that stayed had some remarkable news! One of the voodoo priests in the village was saved that morning! God planted seeds in one of the men's hearts and converted another one! What a powerful Sunday! What an amazing God! I love serving the Lord!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Pat - Will keep praying for Aperson - so glad the week with the team was a blessing - I so wish I could have been with them and met you! Many are keeping you all steadfast in prayers and of course God is doing amazing things through you! God Bless - and EASTER VICTORY TO YOU ALL in La Digue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that Ken on the right in the 1st photo?
    If so, I was on a trip with him in 2007.
    Kansas visitor

    ReplyDelete