Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Austin Monnett blog

It's the end of day 3 on our mission trip right now, and so far I can't complain about anything. We have helped out alot of people by passing out food and tents to them. You tend to forget how good you have it back in the US, and the more time I spend down here the more I am starting to realize it.. I would encourage anyone to come down here without question. It's an experiance of a lifetime.. The mission itself is amazing, and more than you could ever expect in a third world country. Its safe, clean, and beyond expectations.. One thing I've noticed the most is the drive people have here, i mean they are surviving with hardly anything. I cant imagine having to live in the conditions they do everyday. From the time the sun rises to the time it sets, its an act of survival.. So next time you complain about the dinner your having that night, or when you go out to eat and complain about the service or the food itself. Just try to imagine what the haitians would give for the meal you dont like.

No comments:

Post a Comment