Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Our Five Senses



Our day began today with devotions about how our entire being, all the way down to our senses, were created by God for His purpose to be accomplished for His glory.

Today my senses were challenged.  My day began by smelling the meals being prepared for the day - one perk of having a room on that end of the house.  My hearing was awakened with the sounds of children coming to school and roosters!  My taste buds woke up to pancakes this morning.  My eyes saw the beautiful faces of these people, especially our sponsor children whom we met today for the first time.  My sense of touch has been invigorated today because of all the little hands that want to be held.

But of all these senses, I believe it has been my heart that has been touched the most.  I had to explain to our kids that my tears were those of joy not sorrow.  I only hope they can understand.  As the song says, I Will Never Be the Same Again.

Dear Father, thank you for all of my senses and please may they all be used for Your glory.  Amen.

- Mary Jane and Randy Suttles

5 comments:

  1. I know everything you all are doing is so rewarding and a pleasure to God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Mary Jane! So truly moving. God is using you to give much needed aid and comfort, but he is also using these struggling, suffering people to strenghten you...not that you haven't always been one of the most giving people I know.
    God Bless.
    D. Gillispie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Jane, Randy, & The Entire Suttles Family,
    It brought tears to my eyes today seeing you with all your kids! What a blessing for them and for each of you! Thank you for the blessing you are and have been for me! God Bless!
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are touching so many hearts in so many ways, not just in Haiti, but here at home, as well. Thanks for reminding us how fortunate we are, and how important it truly is to "love thy neighbor". You and your sweet family are an inspiration. Love and prayers, as you continue to do God's will!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suttles Family:
    Just want you to know we are thinking of you and praying for you
    and those you serve. They are so lucky to have you. Cheryl has the picture of MacKenna feeding her real baby as her screen saver, so every time we enter the office it brings you guys to mind and our hearts are touched. We love you!
    JudyB

    ReplyDelete