Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The week of a Lifetime

  After only one week working with LifeLine, which is a Christian nonprofit organization located north of Port-Au-Prince in Haiti, I have rediscovered the beauty that any Christian Missionary would experience from the Haitian people. I have spent time ,prior to this missionary trip, around several communities in Haiti through other organizations to give my love and kindness because of my belief in God. However, on this particular Missionary trip, I have finally understood the reason for my desire to continue visiting Haiti. The reason being just the opposite. My reason for traveling back to this wonderful country is to experience and receive the unique Loving and Faithful Spirit of a Haitian person and communities as a whole. This exceptional example of Love and Faith that the Haitians display through my interaction with them, and observing and participating in their Christian worship increases my mind, body and soul with a even richer understanding of the Love and Kindness of our only salvation, Christ Jesus.

   I have only one suggestion to a person on a journey to discover the meaning of true Human Love and Kindness. This would be to take time from all your daily routines, and come to one of few places that God's Love and Kindness is extremely visible and alive. Come to Haiti.

God Bless,
Charles Erwin

No comments:

Post a Comment