Thursday, February 17, 2011

Arms of Love

Today started out with a beautiful morning of devotions. We all went to the rock and had a time of sharing. As we were talking about going to the rock I was reminded of the bracelet I wore. A couple of weeks before, a young man that I worked with had given me this bracelet that says “He set my feet on a rock.” He told me that I could leave it in Haiti with someone. As we spent time with our devotions one of the missionaries at Lifeline shared her testimony, the Lord impressed that she was the one I was to leave the bracelet with. Carrie has been here since June and will be leaving to go home to go to school to be a nurse practitioner so she can come back and better help the people of Haiti.

Later in the day we went to Barbancourt to do a clinic. I was blessed to see the love and the joy of the people with the little that they have and how we take for granted all that we are blessed with. There were many that I fell in love with and I would love to bring them all home with me. As I was taking pictures with the kids some of them used my camera. I would show them the pictures and they really enjoyed seeing the pictures of themselves. One of them in particular, Fritzline, when I sat down beside her told me, “I love you. I need you.”

After we were done with the clinic we went to the Louissaint Orphanage. Seeing the work that the pastor is doing with these children and the love that he has, I stand in awe of his sacrifice. The conditions that they have are unimaginable compared to our American standards, but the children still smile and sing and seem to be happy with where they’re at. We handed out stuffed animals and Connor juggled. I loved when the children came around me and hugged on me and loved me. I praise the Lord that I’m able to reach out to these people by being His arms of love!

-Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment