Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday blog II

I read this message on a shirt of one of our team members, and I felt it bear repeating! "WHEN THE MEDIA GOES THE SUFFERING DOES NOT STOP" This Sunday morning, as I was getting ready for church services here at Lifeline, I heard a man at the gate with his wife. I proceeded to find out what they needed and the pain began...It was the father and mother of the 8 year old girl that we had transported to the Saint Mark Hospital which is two hours away two days ago. They were here to tell that their young beautiful daughter had died. They had the x-rays from the hospital to show me, and reported that she died of tuberculosis. She also was very malnourished. Their request was could we take them back to the hospital to pick up her body so they could take her to the mountain where they live to bury her. Now that isn't all. You see we needed to go pick up this precious little girl that had died and then they have to walk about two hours with her body to the place where they will be burying her. Can you imagine after such a traumatic, painful experience and then to have the responsibility to carry the body for two hours up struggling mountains before you are able to bury her?!!! Somehow, God provides them with the strength and endurance at a time like this to do what they have to do. Please pray for this family and many of the others that suffer so severely with the loss of their family members and the many other things they have to endure.

1 comment:

  1. Carrie, I had no idea she died! I just saw her picture on Friday after Donald returned as I was finalizing the new brochure. We will be praying for this family. Thank you for the love that you give to these precious people!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete