Sunday, April 3, 2011

Fire, Turkey, and Sign Language


Today was an amazing experience. God has really opened up my eyes to be much more thankful for the things that He has blessed me with in life. I had a lot of funny experiences also. I was the "trash man" and got to burn trash in Lifeline's fire pit. I didn’t know that there was an aerosol can in one of the bags so I’m with a member of the team trying to revive a dead turkey when we hear a boom and see a small mushroom cloud appear. The fire apparently hit the can and it exploded. I went to kids club today with Evelyn and we had a blast. We taught the kids ‘Jesus loves me’ in sign language and they sang it the rest of the day. Church this morning was an experience. I had one kid asleep in my lap and there were two other kids there with me. I loved it!

Dustin Bowen

No comments:

Post a Comment