Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Jordan's Blog

Today we got up at 5a.m. and went up to the prayer rock to pray and up to the big cross on the hill. Wow! You could see everything from the hill. What a beautiful place Lifeline is at. There are mountains everywhere. It's really the most beautiful place I've ever been to in my life. Then we walked around the compound and learned how Lifeline works. There are awesome things being done here.

We went to see and hang out with the kids in the village and what an experience that was. Words couldn't describe it. The kids love to hold your hand. We had 4 to 5 kids for every teammate.
I love kids. I have three of my own, so it's natural for me to be drawn to the kids here, but to see the kids that have nothing was heartbreaking. But man let me tell you they love to be loved on. Seeing that was a tearful moment for me. Another precious moment was when I saw a teammate, who is a physician's assistant, take care of a kid that had a cut on his head.

Next thing we know there were tons of kids with all kinds of cuts and scrapes lined up needing help. God's work is amazing and to personally see it in action was just plain great. I will be back to see the kids and help with God's mission to feed the kids and do the work needed around the village.

No comments:

Post a Comment