Thursday, December 30, 2010

Codie's Blog

Another day. How amazing is God? He truly puts us in the right places at the right times to hear things we need to! We went to the prayer rock today and heard devotions and some of the team's testimonies. God truly gave me peace and comfort from that for stuff that I have struggled with in the past. It is amazing that God can heal you in a place like Haiti. We did a work day again today and I spent the day in the medical clinic again with another team member (Josh). We saw so many more children today. We stitched up a little boy's forehead yesterday from where he fell into the canal and it looked so GOOD today! Praise God! :)
The rest of the team sorted clothes and shoes and sifted through the medical supplies here. Some even tore down a whole wall!! We definitely sweated today that's for sure! But this country is so beautiful that you can just tell God has made this land. You can feel His touch on everything. When we decided to let the village children from La Digue into the compound to play with us, tons of children came in! We played a game of soccer which was hilarious. They definitely are better at soccer than we are! But it was fun and I think both sides had a lot of fun!! There was a boy that I met a few days ago that has really impacted me named Leo Paul (that might be spelled right!). He just came up to me today and remembered my name and I had been helping him learn English and he just started talking to me. So amazing! I'm learning Creole and he's learning English! God is truly amazing and is working in this place in so many ways! Sometimes we can't tell how God is working in our lives because we don't see the big picture. But you can truly see God moving in this place and with these people. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment