Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Keeps Getting Better!

Today is our fourth day in Haiti and it just keeps getting better. Our team consists of a mixture of Kentucky and Texas and I feel as though God placed us all together for a reason. We each have so many different talents/passions and it's amazing to watch God use our differences to serve this people. He has poured His blessings on us today.

The day started with a devotion at the prayer rock talking about consequences for our actions and how as christians we really need to be mindful of how we treat others and present ourselves.

The men worked on building a house for a Haitian family while the ladies got to witness the widow's mite ministry, which brought tears to my eyes because those women have been through so much yet they remain faithful to God and continue praising Him.

We helped feed six or seven hundred kids at the Barbancourt feeding station then we visited and distributed gifts to two orphanages.

The second orphanage really touched my heart. The orphans ran to welcome us and hugged our legs as we walked in, then they each found a lap to sit in or a hand to hold. As we distributed the gifts it brought tears to my eyes to see their reactions. They acted like you had just given them the world. As I watched them eat their skittles, hang tightly to their new clothes, and play with their new bouncy balls, it made me realize how blessed we are back home. These kids have NOTHING, not even parents, but they are so happy and joyous. We have most of everything but we have a tendency to be grumpy and take it all for granted. I know I certainly do. I complain when my food gets cold while some of them don't know where their next meal is coming from.

It's only be the Grace of God that we don't live in these same conditions. It could be us in a heartbeat, so I've learned to be thankful for all I have and to ALWAYS praise God for His goodness and grace.

Please pray for these precious orphans! Please pray for all of Haiti!

Thank you Lord for your goodness.

Ashli Sexton
Ison, KY

No comments:

Post a Comment