Saturday, April 20, 2013

Christ In You, The Hope of Glory

For many years now Col. 1:27 has been a life verse for me.  I have often said, "Christ in me is the only hope of God ever getting glory from my life."  Recapping the past four days has caused me to think daily about just how powerless we are to do anything.  We have no resources outside of what God gives us.  We have no provisions outside of what gives us.  We have nothing, are nothing, outside of God, the fountain of living water.  So my thinking is this as I sit here tonight....In reality we are all very much on level ground.  We all are dependent upon the God of all creation for food, shelter, and air to breathe.  Obviously life is not fair, but thankfully God is a just God, and that means everything to me, sitting amongst the poorest people in the Western Hemisphere. 

On day one, JoEllen the residential missionary challenged us to learn all we could from the Haitians.  I have learned much, and much has been confirmed about my faith.  I am grateful for a Pastor who just spent time teaching us that we should always take people back to the event:  Jesus died.  Jesus was buried.  Jesus rose again.  Jesus lives.  Jesus desires a relationship with me. I have loved sharing that story, the only story that really matters no matter what socio-economic level people find themselves.

1 comment:

  1. I also want to commend the Lifeline Staff who made it possible for one of our team members to visit her sponsored child through New Missions. You can't imagine just how complicated that was, but then again, that is why Lifeline is such and amazing organization who truly has Haitian children's best interest in mind. Thanks to all who made this possible today.

    ReplyDelete