Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hannah's Post

Haiti is an amazing place. It is very beautiful. There are great people here. They are the nicest people you will ever meet. God has touched my heart so many times this trip by seeing all the kids and watching them live their lives. If it would be me, I would not make it. They walk with 50 pound bags full of different things on their head without a problem. We hiked up a mountain today.
We have made benches for the past few days for the mountain people so we brought them up today. We hiked and someone else brought the benches up on the truck. We were hiking and a girl got sick. She decided to tough it out. She is a really good role model. We all prayed over her and she got better almost instantly. She was still feeling sick when we started again but better than before. It took us two hours to get up the mountain. We got to the school and had a devotional. We were praying over a girl and her family and I started feeling sick. They instantly started praying over me, I felt very loved and special, the color restored in my face and I felt a little better. God does wonders! The girl who was sick and I rode back down in the truck and instantly fell asleep. I woke up and built more benches. I felt A LOT better. We built benches and painted class rooms. Dinner was delicious! We had a ‘meeting’ time and Donald Jr. (the president of Lifeline) answered a lot of questions. Tomorrow is market day and we will also have Haitian food for dinner. It is so exciting! Haiti is an awesome place. You should come sometime!
- Hannah Heismann





No comments:

Post a Comment